I didn’t have a lot of trophies when I was young. I had ONE really impressive one. Our cheerleading squad won 3rd place for the ENTIRE STATE. I was 11 and the team was the Overdale Chiefs. I still had the little outfit until it went up in flames. I kid you not, it had a little sailor’s flap neckline. Very old-fashioned. Here’s a picture. Unfortunately, the only one I could find was on a dog. Picture this, but red, on little girls with super curly pigtails. So cute.
Those days are long gone, but I did win a couple of blogging awards recently.
The first one I want to accept came from Lafemmeroar. She passed it on to me…3 months ago. (See here.) I feel so bad that I haven’t acknowledged it yet, but she being the cool crazy chick that she is, will understand and take no offense. The other award I won is the Versatile Blogger Award. I was given this award by Rebekah Loper, Writer.
As with all awards, there are certain things one must do when honored. Both of these award have the same requirements. As they are pretty demanding, I’m only doing the process once. So the bloggers I choose get double awards! Yay!
1. Thank and link to the person acknowledging you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
1. I am jealous of the Little Caesar’s employee whose job it is to stand on a busy street corner, hold a $5 pizza sign, and dance like a maniac. I would kill for courage like that. And his dancing skills.
2. I don’t eat anything gelatinous. No Jello and no mousse of any kind. Especially salmon mousse. *shudder* Disgusting.
3. I never remember my dreams (except when I’m pregnant.)
4. I love mopping. My dream home would have a mop sink in the floor and one of those mop buckets they use in restaurants.
5. I am afraid of mirrors at night. I know that I’m going to look in one and there will be something scary staring back at me. And I don’t mean me with bed head and puffy eyes.
6. I don’t let the food on my plate touch. If there is something runny or juicy, it gets its own plate.
7. I like to use big words like “prestidigitation” and “ostentatious” because I think it makes me sound smart. Of course this might work better if I actually used them correctly.
3. Pass the award on to 15 deserving bloggers.
Personally, I think 15 is a little ridiculous, but this is the rule and I follow rules. Not that it’s hard to come up with 15 great bloggers, but it’s a little time consuming to link to all these great folks. Anyway, here it goes:
1. MaximsMadness This is one weird dude. I love weird. It’s fantastic.
2. Brown Road Chronicles A funny guy who occasionally writes something serious, just to keep you on your toes.
3. This Little Thing Called Life This Brit likes to poke fun at people and call them funny little names like “Arsonist.” He’s also goes on a lot of really bad dates.
4. 224 This inspiring man is on a journey to a healthier lifestyle and He Can Do It! He is doing it. He’s awesome.
5. Dribbling Pensioner British. Old. Forgetful. Troublemaker. Questionable punctuation. Charming.
7. Invisible Mikey Movies, Music, Art of all kinds. I never leave Mikey’s blog disappointed and rarely without an epiphany. He’s not the Awards type, but he deserves a ton of them.
8. The Problem With Young People Today Is… @ http://crabbyoldfart.wordpress.com/ I had to post his link just because it describes him perfectly. He’s not the Awards type either, but oh my. He is fantastically crotchety! And brilliant.
9. She’s A Maineiac A great writer who’s willing to show us her 6 AM self while making fun of her accent. I’ll have to drive up to Maine so she can tell me to “pahk the cah in the yahd”.
10. Rebekah Loper, Writer She inspires me. She’s also incredibly sweet. Love her.
11. JM Randolph, Accidental Stepmom Step-mother to four children, stagehand, writer, hilarious. She’s a bit of a crier. :-)
12. La Plume Noire Very talented photographer and writer.
13. Love Versus Goliath An amazing woman with an even more amazing story. She fought for the partner visa that would reunite her with her husband and children and won! It’s a joy to see her adjust to a large household filled with lots of love and rice. ;-)
14. Mixin’ It Up: Goulash Style A Southern mama to 4, a great lady, and she happens to be allergic to penicillin. Her recipe for Southern “Gonlash” sounds fantastic. Which reminds me, I need to try that when the weather cools off a bit.
15. Nylon Daze A Londoner living in NYC. Photographer, writer, political commentator, and a genuinely nice person. She insists we could make my blog/life into an award-winning screenplay. She even picked out a producer. (Ahem, Raincoaster, you were the lucky winner. Call me. We’ll do lunch–via twitter, of course.)
16. Bonus blogger: Paroxysm of Outrageous Random News (P.O.R.N.) Emily illustrates her hi-larious posts with cute pictures she draws using Paint. It’s impressive.
4. Contact the winners.
That might have to wait until tomorrow. My hands hurt.
So, there you have it. I hope you check out some of the blogs above. Believe me, you won’t be sorry.